Before charging into the New Year, a quick glance in the rearview mirror at the highlights of The Wellness Almanac 2013.
- Our most consistently viewed posts are Zoe Martin’s recipes, with Banana Tiramisu, Oaty Apple Crumble, Zucchini Feta & Basil Quiche, Spaghetti Squash Gratin and the Best Ever Veggie Burger all ranking in the year’s top 20. Wellness starts with what you eat, obviously!
- Our peek inside the studio of local artists gave us the chance to get some insight into the creative process of photographers, filmmakers and painters who call this area home, including Nevin Falloon, Mike Tyler, Russell Dalby and Vanessa Stark.
- Quick doses of inspiration (from people way smarter than me) offered something to think about.
- Whenever our contributors got feisty, it generated got a lot of attention – Tanya Richman Stood Up to Bullying and Lisa Richardson explained Why Nick Davies Column Bothered Her.
- Our Green Thumbs column introduced readers to the ins and outs of growing potatoes, garlic, and dahlias from local gurus in the garden.
- Herbalist and Wellness Gathering presenter, Evelyn Coggins, explained the earth’s healing botanicals in a monthly column full of timeless wisdom.
- Johnny Jones took us on a tour of the territory of the Lil’wat Nation and anthropologist Dorothy Kennedy recalled the historic filming of Charlie Mack steaming a cedar canoe that is now on display at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre.
- Sheldon Tetreault explained the big picture importance of the Lil’wat Nation elections for Chief and Council, and…
- We declared and celebrated Reconciliation Week,
- and acknowledged the work of the 4th annual Wellness Recognition Award recipients.
In November, we also hosted the annual Wellness Gathering and captured the sessions and performances on video, to share over the coming months here.
So stay tuned. Subscribe to the blog and get a quick reminder of what’s new in your inbox everyday. Follow us on facebook. Let us know if you have something you’d like to share.
Here’s to living well in 2014.