2018 Slow Food Cycle | Sunday, August 19
- Where: Pemberton Meadows Road at the location of the old Pemberton Community Centre. Look for School District 48’s Bus Garage and Playing Fields just north west of the Village of Pemberton.
- When: 9 AM to 3 PM on Sunday, August 19
- Cost: $5 per person / $20 per family (up to 6 members) / Free – Children 5 and under
Volunteers are welcome to help out at set-up, tear down, registration and on farm host. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and preferred role!
Road Closed for a Safe Event!
Once again this year, in the interest of participant safety, Pemberton Meadows Road will be closedto vehicle traffic from 10am – 3pm on Sunday, August 19 for the Slow Food Cycle Sunday event. The road will remain open for slow moving farm vehicles.
From 9am-10am and from 3pm onward the road will be shared by vehicle traffic and bike traffic. The speed limit along Pemberton Meadows Road will be reduced to 30 km/hr. Please share the road and respect each other’s goals to ensure a fun and safe day for all.
More Important SFCS Details
- Registration opens at 9 AM and closes at 2 PM. It’s best to pre-register for the event via EventBrite. The event begins at the location of the “old” Pemberton Community Centre. Look for the Event Registration tents just north of the School District 48’s Bus Garage and in the parking lot area next to the Playing Fields just north west of the Village of Pemberton.
- Riders may begin throughout the day, setting their own pace as they ride along the Pemberton Meadows Road from farm to farm and back to the village. The entire day runs from 9 AM to 3 PM, but each rider will choose how long or short to make their day.
- The entire route is approximately 45 kilometres / 28 miles. You head out on Pemberton Meadows Road (see the map, below) and back again as you feel able and willing. This is a self-paced day. You can ride at your own pace as fast (or slow!) and as far (or not) as you like along this road up and back to Pemberton Village. You do not need to ride the entire 45 kilometres / 28 miles.
- This is not a race. A leisurely 45 kilometre / 28 mile ride could take between 3 and up to 6 hours, depending on how many farms you stop at, how long you rest at each one, and whether you go the entire 45 kilometre / 28 mile distance. Please take a look at the map (below) and plan your route in advance.
- Each farm opens to the public, and food is part of the day. However, there is no guarantee of food at any stop. You need to bring your own water and snacks to be certain to stay hydrated and fueled. That said, this event is known for its incredible food. The earlier you arrive, the better chance you have of enjoying delicious food.