Work in Progress is a new feature column on TheWellnessAlmanac.com profiling artists and artisans of our communities.
Artists living and working in the region are invited to give us a sneak peek inside your studio or creative process! Share with us your latest piece.
All works are welcome to be featured: paintings, poems, sculptures, carvings, weavings, photography, songs.
Here’s how to contribute. (Seriously, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3. Apart from creating the art, that is. But that’s what you do, right?!)
1. Take a photo of a recent work.
2. Attach it in an email to TheWellnessAlmanac@gmail.com
3. Cut and paste the following questions into the email, and insert your own answers:
- Artist (Your) Name? (Or you can share a shy artist friend’s work, as long as you have their permission!)
- What inspired this work? (Anything specific? A deadline? A commission? An event? Something more personal?)
- Where is this piece headed? (Is it going to be sold/displayed/shared/gifted?)
- How do you hold space for, or make time for, your creative self? What’s your practice or creative routine?
- How big an influence is this region, our backyard, the landscape and energy here, on your work?
- What do you do to recharge your creative energy if you’re feeling writers/artists block?
- Where can people follow you, or discover more of your works? (Show coming up? Website? Gallery?)