The Winds of Change’s annual Wellness Gathering will take place in November 2014 at the Ull’us Community Complex in Mount Currie.
The Steering Committee is looking for an Event Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Planning Committee on event details/budget
- Adhering to event budget
- Preparing the event schedule
- Developing the event theme
- Confirming tradeshow booths and participants
- Selecting the décor to be used at the event
- Arranging the event décor, tents, tables and chairs
- Making transportation arrangements
- Selecting and hiring caterers for the event
- Preparing the guest list in conjunction with the Planning Committee
- Managing and supervising contractors, caterers and other staff
- Effectively arranging the décor
- Solicit volunteers
- Coordinate on-site arrangements
- Ensuring the event meets all health, safety and building standards
- Confirming the key note speaker and presenters
- Publishing and distributing marketing material
- Liaising with the client to ensure that the event is successful
Skills and Specifications
For an event planner to be able to perform his/her duties effectively, certain skills are required. The following are some of the important event planner skills and specifications:
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent management and organization skills
- Should be passionate about event planning
- A team player with excellent negotiation skills
- Deadline oriented with good attention to detail
Education and Qualifications
Previous experience in event coordination and local knowledge of community an asset. Public relations, marketing and project management skills are also important.
Please email your application to Lee-Anne Kauffman at Lee-Anne.Kauffman@lilwat.ca by July 18.