Job Posting – Agricultural Lead Hand *NEW OPPORTUNITY*
Title: Agricultural Lead Hand *NEW OPPORTUNITY*
Location: On the Land
Status: Temporary Full Time – 2 years contract
Wage: Dependent upon experience
Reporting to: Agricultural ManagerSummary:
The Agricultural Lead Hand will partner up with the Agricultural Manager in implementing the Nation‘s food production and food security initiatives aligning them with our efforts towards self-determination. The successful candidate will assist with the community engagement process, translate plans to actionable items, be involved in all aspects of food production from planning to planting through to harvest.
- Support the activities of the Líl̓wat Agricultural Project through engaging the community to participate in community gardens, family plots and other food production related events.
- Assist the manager in project start up, issues analysis, resources and infrastructure assessment.
- Coordinate and schedule the operations of all identified food growing sites.
- Assist the manager with integrating the agricultural activities into existing programs such as:
Health, Education, Social Development, Youth, Housing and Lands.
- Be the on-site ‘’ go to person’’ when issues involving machinery, equipment, tools and supplies need to be action-ed.
- Ensure that the gardens, plots and other food production workplaces are safe and maintained in an organized manner.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- The successful candidate should have experience working within the Líl̓wat community and extensive experience in agriculture including practical knowledge and skills of working on farms.
- Work Safe training, First aide, Pesticide and/or Horticultural certificates is an asset.
- A current driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Carpentry experience / skills are preferred
- Hands-on training is still an important part of successful farming and farm management.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than July 22, 2019
to Dan.Piotrowski@lillwat.ca or PO Box 602 Mount Currie VON 2K0