Root Ventures: Pemberton Valley Food & Art Entrepreneur Start-up Program encourages and supports new food or art businesses through building knowledge, capacity and by providing mentorship.
The program seeks to support burgeoning food and art-based ventures (non-profit organizations, businesses, solo entrepreneurs) in the Pemberton Valley (including the Pemberton and Lil’wat Nation communities) with the development of their business idea/concept.
Click here to view the application form – due January 8th 2017
• To inspire and support food and art-based enterprises with the development of their business model
• To address social and/or environmental challenges through new social ventures
• To strengthen community-driven economic development in the Pemberton Valley
Learning – Four cohort-based learning sessions based on development of a Business Model Canvas. Each session includes homework and sharing learning among the other participants.
Participants will learn:
- Purpose and value proposition
- Customer segments, relationships, channels
- Key partners, activities, resources
- Cost and revenue structures
Mentorship – One-on-one support developing business concepts with local expertise (1.5 hours every 2 weeks, over 2 months)
Videos – Develop a short video to share and promote your business
Angel-Den – Session to practise delivering a pitch to business/marketing experts (to be confirmed)
Showcase Event – A fun, celebratory event where participants have an opportunity to showcase their businesses.
Get your great ideas off the ground.